From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DEFAULT_* proposal
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 03:10:40
1 Thomas Anderson schrieb:
2 > src_install:
3 > All I want changed here is a variable for a list of extra docs to be
4 > installed. This'll require a default function for
5 > src_install and I propose:
6 > src_install() {
7 > emake -j1 install DESTDIR="${D}" || die "make install died"
8 > [[ -n ${DEFAULT_SRC_INSTALL_DOCS} ]] && dodoc \
9 > ${DEFAULT_SRC_INSTALL_DOCS}
10 > }
11 > bug #33544 has more information on this topic, as does
12 > tommy's recent thread on the subject of default src_install
13 > function.
14
15 At least for this one, why dont you use my proposal?
16
17 -default should always be unlimited emake, so no -j1
18 -Why die, if emake fails because of missing makefile (as meta ebuilds tend to have)?
19 -Why not check for some default docs and install them if they exist and make dodoc die on error?
20
21 this is at least, what my latest proposal does:
22
23 src_install() {
24 if [ -f Makefile ] || [ -f GNUmakefile ] || [ -f makefile ]; then
25 emake DESTDIR="${D}" install || die "emake install failed"
26 fi
27 if [ -n "${DOCS}" ]; then
28 dodoc ${DOCS} || die "dodoc failed"
29 else
30 for x in AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README; do
31 if [ -e ${x} ]; then
32 dodoc ${x} || die "dodoc ${x} failed"
33 fi
34 done
35 fi
36 }
37
38 The rest of the proposal looks acceptable to me.
42 Thomas Sachau
43
44 Gentoo Linux Developer