From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: Stanislav Brabec <utx@×××××××.cz>, aeriksson@××××××××.fm
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo vs. the FHS
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:02:18
1 I was away when this thread started, and haven't caught up with all the posts
2 yet, so apologies if this has already been said.
3
4 On Tuesday 23 September 2003 9:08 pm, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
5 > There are other issues, too:
6 > 3)
7 > /home/httpd (/home is reserved for users, service home is not yet
8 > standardized, will probably be /srv, currently /var/lib or /var is used
9 > in other distros, too)
10 > Causes big problem on AFS or NFS /home systems (unable to emerge update
11 > on client machines; unable to have two webservers in one network,
12 > because they are sharing data).
13
14 We're moving /home/httpd to be /var/www/localhost, and this will come in very
15 shortly.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Stu
19 --
20 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
21 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
22 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
23 Come and meet me in March 2004 http://www.phparch.com/cruise/
24
25 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
26 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
27 --