From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] random perl ebuilds (5.6.1 -> 5.8.0 -> 5.6.1)?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:27:48
1 I was asked to downgrade perl 5.8 because of the libperl.so compatibility business. Others have taken on the task of writing some small scripts to locate and recompile your packages for you (those affected by the libperl.so change) and those will be included with the release. My understanding is that all of this should be back out shortly (a few days).
2
3 On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 02:21:07 -0600