From: Scott Stoddard <scott@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 02:05:26
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Don't forget the "... and make a reasonable commitment for a
3 > substantial period of time". In other words, not ATs, who are ATs
4 > because they lack the experience or commitment to be fully fledged
5 > developers.
6 >
7 > Far easier to withdraw the GLEP and just ask for anon cvs access for
8 > people who need it...
11 <respectfully>
12
13 I wholeheartedly disagree. The fact that I am an AT with aspirations
14 towards becoming a full dev does not in any way imply that all ATs fill
15 the same mindset. I see the AT position as a wonderful opportunity to
16 give something back to Gentoo without the added responsibility (or
17 hassle) that comes along with being a full dev. I get the feeling from
18 talking to several of the other ATs that some may not wish to become
19 devs -- does that mean that their contribution (direct contribution)
20 should not be recognized?
21
22 Scott.
23 --