From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is Gentoo dying?
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 09:26:24
1 On 4/3/10 11:16 AM, Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
2 > Hell no, but ...
3 >
4 > We have lots of quite understaffed areas, to sum up in a positive way.
5 > Summing it up the negative way one might say, we have lots of areas were
6 > users might get the idea Gentoo already is dead.
7 >
8 > For example:
9 > - hardened-sources are nowadays only available in an experimental
10 > overlay, lots of users keep asking what's happening to the
11 > hardened-sources on both the -dev but also the -hardened mailinglist.
12
13 I recently sent an e-mail to gentoo-dev,
14 <http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_2eb703ee97afc64a29e5d148457ac8d5.xml>
15
16 It seems that some work is being done, but there are people who
17 volunteered to help, like me. What needs to be done with hardened-sources?
18
19 Just a note: I'm using it on my servers, so I'm really interested in
20 them being maintained, and I'm also able to test.