From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] punt raidtools and move people to mdadm
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 05:58:59
1 On Saturday 10 February 2007, Mike Doty wrote:
2 > Do we have documentation on howto migrate? Thats the big thing holding
3 > me back(afaik, I have to backup, wipe the disks and then do mdadm and
4 > restore)
5
6 erm, no ... you dont need to do anything remotely close to this
7
8 raidtools/mdadm are just userspace utilities to tell the kernel to "start up
9 this raid" ... there is nothing specific to either of these in your raid
10 device
11
12 migration would involve changing your /etc/raidtab to /etc/mdadm.conf
13 (assuming the default scan of mdadm didnt detect all your raids properly)
14 -mike