From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenOffice ebuilds
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:05:21
1 On Saturday 13 September 2003 04:07, Matthew Vaughn wrote:
2 > This is an ongoing and perplexing problem that many in the forums have
3 > brought up and reported; however, it has not been resolved. There is
4 > what I consider to be a defect in the app-office/openoffice ebuilds that
5 > causes the /opt/OpenOffice.org<version>/program/ directory to somehow be
6 > completely after compilation and yet the ebuild exits with a success
7 > state. Be aware that I am using no non-default settings (including
8 > FEATURES="") for this build. I have reluctantly resigned myself to the
9 > binary packages for the time being but I am frustrated by the lack of
10 > answers regarding this particular difficulty.
11 > There are active bugs that seem to deal with this, but none directly
12 > point out the problem. For fear of unnecessary redundancy, I will not
13 > submit a new bug without clearing it here. I wonder (despite the
14 > activity on the boards, every thread ends with a question and is not
15 > resolved) if anything is being done at the time being.
16 > Maybe I'm totally wrong and just need to be pointed to a document or
17 > article someone posted somewhere. I'd appreciate the education at this
18 > point.
21 I try to maintain the openoffice ebuilds (help is welcome). They are extremely
22 complex so cut me some slack. I've also been away on holidays so I could not
23 have possibly fixed anything. Could you fill me in what happens here, are you
24 trying to remerge openoffice of the same openoffice version. In that case
25 there could be a problem if the files have similar change dates. Also did you
26 merge with buildpkg or not? If so, please check whether the files are
27 included in the tbz2 package (just tar tfj <thefile>).
28
29 Paul
32 Paul de Vrieze
33 Gentoo Developer