From: Nils Decker <nils@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Filesystem errors
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:28:43
1 Today i had some inconsistencies on my ext3 root filesystem. I got it fixed
2 pretty fast, but i noticed these things:
3
4 - On reboot after fsck had found errors it could not fix, gentoo said that
5 the errors were fixed and continued booting.
6 In /etc/init.d/checkfs is a check for failed fsck, but it didnt work in my
7 case. ( man fsck doesnt say anything about return codes... )
8
9 - Booting with the S kernel option gives a single user shell. At this
10 time the filesystems are already mounted rw. IMHO it should be left
11 to the user to remount filesystems rw if needed.
12
13 Regards
14 Nils
17 Nils Decker <ndecker@×××.de>