From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Gentoo Phoenix] recruitment process
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 08:23:10
1 On 04/05/2010 05:36 AM, Alistair Bush wrote:
2 >> On 4/3/10 3:40 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
3 >>> Are there any other ideas on how to improve our recruitment process?
4 >>
5 >> The idea appeared before, but I think it's worth noting.
6 >>
7 >> Either merge the ebuild and end quizzes, or make the split actually
8 >> meaningful. In my case I just finished both at the same time, but was
9 >> confused why they are separate. I think I've seen similar comments from
10 >> other developers.
11 >>
12 >> I think I'd rather prefer merging the quizzes.
13 >
14 > One thing i've noticed is that the ebuild quiz is far more difficult than the
15 > eom quiz. We seem to have the biggest hurdle first.
16 >
17 > What I would like to see is either the quizzes be merged or....
18 >
19 > An "easier" first quiz that covers the basics which after being answered the
20 > user can become a gentoo developer ( ie @gentoo.org email, ssh access to
21 > d.g.o, etc) but no access to push directly to the tree. Instead all commits
22 > must be pushed thru their mentor, who is responsible for qa'ing and giving
23 > advice. Currently I don't think mentors really have much of a role. There is
24 > certainly no requirement for a mentor to qa their charges commits, but if
25 > they are the ones pushing to the tree the mentor has all the responsibility.
26 > This might just make mentors more responsible for the quality of recruits.
29 Yeah would be easy to implement if we get git some day.
30
31 Regards,
32 Petteri