From: Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vim-syntax USE flag
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 14:20:17
1 Hi Mike
2
3 Saturday 22 Jul 2017 16:27:39, Mike Gilbert wrote :
4 > Packages currently handle installation of vim syntax support files
5 > inconsistently. Some builds install the files if the "vim-syntax" USE
6 > flag is enabled, while others install them unconditionally.
7 >
8 > Do these files fall into the "small text files" category for
9 > unconditional installation? If so, we should probably phase out the
10 > vim-syntax USE flag.
11 >
12 > If we want to keep the USE flag, I would suggest documenting a global
13 > policy regarding its use. Should that live in the devmanual? Or maybe
14 > the Vim project page?
17 Do you have a list handy of packages installing the vim syntax files
18 unconditionally? I can look into this issue.
21 Patrice Clement
22 Gentoo Linux developer
23 http://www.gentoo.org