From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Changes to some profiles
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 01:49:18
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> posted
2 200802011705.18653.vapier@g.o, excerpted below, on Fri, 01 Feb
3 2008 17:05:18 -0500:
4
5 > On Friday 01 February 2008, Petteri Räty wrote:
6 >> Chris Gianelloni kirjoitti:
7 >> > base/packages:
8 >> > removed debianutils
9 >>
10 >> I don't think we reached a decision on whether debianutils should go to
11 >> kernel-2.eclass before this is done.
12 >
13 > i think the answer is no
14
15 Not that I have a vote, but as I raised that possible objection earlier,
16 agreed. Folks who have it already merged will be fine unless they
17 --depclean without first checking what it'll do, and those that don't
18 have it merged can merge it if they need it -- it's not as if it's
19 leaving the tree, and the kernel doesn't hard-depend on it.
20
21 A GWN or similar announcement before it moves beyond the dev profiles
22 would be nice, but if the affected devs (incl. bugwranglers) are willing
23 to deal with the complaints and they seem to be, the leaner system and
24 image is IMO a good thing, and announcement or not, people really
25 /should/ be checking their depcleans. =8^)
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
33 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list