From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: please use the latest Portage/repoman version to commit to tree
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:37:11
1 Hi,
2
3 as I've only recently "graduated to developer", I've got a question about
4 this. Diego, your request makes perfect sense to me. But, so far I always
5 thought "Python, portage, and gcc are the things that I really need to rely
6 on, so whatever I do, I'll keep those stable."
7
8 (My development machine(s) are also my real-life work machines.)
9
10 What is the general opinion on this?
11 Do you (developers) all use ~arch portage?
12 How big is the risk?
13
14 Best,
15 Andreas