From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] IMPORTANT: The proposal for the metadata.xml file
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:22:17
1 * Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> [03/06/27 23:31 +0200]:
2 >I prefer plaintext changelogs. Maybe we can have both and make repoman
3 >parse plaintext files during commits and portage convert back from xml
4 >on request.
5
6 XML _is_ plain text. You can edit it quite simple with your
7 usual text-editor. Only that XML will give you the
8 advantage of "naming" texts. What is done now with a
9 special kind of formatting (date, name, mail-address, ...)
10 or indention will be surrounded by XML-tags.
11
12 If you prefer text without XML-tags it would be quite easy
13 writing a script that will translate the ChangeLog into the
14 "old" way and displaying it. Gernerating HTML-pages or
15 anything else is also quite simple. One of the benefits
16 using XML!
17
18 Regards, Lars
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list