From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: New Bugzilla resolution: NEEDMAINTAINER
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:16:38
1 Markus Nigbur wrote:
2 > Anyway, as I've already said I'm the _currently_ the only active herd
3 > member and simply cannot take the responsibility of about 100 new
4 > packages.
5 > Therefor I suggest introducing a new keyword to bugzilla's resolution
6 > list, called NEEDMAINTAINER.
7 > With this new keyword everyone could compile a list of currently
8 > unmaintained packages and just take the ones he likes. Additionally this
9 > would be a great opportunity for non-developers for starting their
10 > carrier within Gentoo.
11
12 I like the concept but I think that a previous suggestion that was discussed
13 here was better. The suggestion was to create a maintainer-needed@g.o
14 alias which bugs could be assigned to. The discussion was a while ago but I
15 don't recall any negative points being raised.
16
17 Daniel
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list