From: "P.Gnodde" <peter@××××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: ekarttun@×××××××××××.fi
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] grsecurity and the gentoo 2.4.18 kernel
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 04:16:57
1 Hi,
2
3 > The four remaining files are source code
4 > and would need someone with knowledge about
5 > the kernel to fix them.
6 I have the grsecurity patch integrated in the gentoo 2.4.18 kernel and fixed the failed chunks, but I went on patching that tree and now it fails to compile for no apperent reason :). But the kernel with kerneli and grsecurity patches compiled fine, when I tested it. I'll set up another tree and apply grsecurity again and send you an updated patch when I get back from work :).
7
8 But while fixing the failed chunks, I did notice that there _could_ be some conflicts between POSIX ACLs and grsecurity ACLs, but I do not use ACLs yet, so I would not know if there _are_ conflicts.
9
10 > Is a kernel with grsecurity patch planned in
11 > the near future?
12 There are some plans about a secure gentoo profile, read back in the archives :).
13
14 Regards,
15
16 Peter Gnodde