From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting the general dev opinion ("Meinungsbild") on some feature
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:43:47
1 On 16:20 Sun 20 Jan , Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > I would like to suggest and ask your opinion on a simple way of getting the
3 > developers' collective opinion: cast votes with a shell script on our
4 > favourite shell server, which is then displayed on a web page (either only as
5 > stats, or with name lists as now in the public list discussion).
6 > A typical choice of options would be restricted to "Yes, No, More discussion
7 > needed", a typical deadine 72h.
10 72h is too little. Generally, on big changes*, I would say at least 2
11 weeks before actually doing (acting on) anything. Because people may be
12 devaway for a while or busy with stuff and not reading their mail for some days (for some
13 reason).
14
15 And there is still the Council for bigger things.
16
17 *the thing with USE flags is a big change.
20 Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
21 ( Gentoo Lisp Project )