From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What happened to emerge --world update
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:57:59
1 On Saturday 23 March 2002 12:49, Jared H. Hudson wrote:
2 > What happened to emerge --world update? It seems to be missing the
3 > script and emerge --help, but it's still listed in the man page.
4 >
5 > If that option is being phased out, how am I suppose to rebuild
6 > everything that needs to be updaded including/but not limited to the
7 > system packages?
8 >
9 > Portage ver: 1.8.9_pre32
10 >
11 The 1.8.9 portage tree is an potentially unstable development tree in testing.
12 World update exists in the 1.8.8 tree, you can emerge portage-1.8.8-r1.
13 Portage 1.8.9 is masked for a reason.
14
15 World update will be added to 1.8.9 at some point; it has been removed because
16 it's going to be rewritten. The new world update will produce a slightly
17 diferent result from the old one. I don't know the exact timetable, but we'll
18 have a stable unmasked 1.8.9 portage with world update by the time 1.0 is
19 out.
20
21 --
22 Dan Armak
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team (KDE)
24 Matan, Israel