From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed addition to the Social Contract
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:36:23
1 On Sunday 25 March 2007, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 16:47 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > i think this whole idea is a moot point anyways ... go visit the Gentoo
4 > > Foundation web site and see Chapter 2 Section 5
5 >
6 > And how exactly does this help us in the event of say the OSL burning
7 > down or the GNi suffering flooding? :)
8
9 it addresses ciaranm's conspiracy theory
10
11 > My point was simply that I think we would be wise to research whether
12 > there is the possibility of spreading our critical infrastructure a bit
13 > better so that in the event of an Act of God or suchlike we wouldn't
14 > find ourselves losing everything to, say, water damage.
15 >
16 > I agree, adding a line to the social contract won't magically send our
17 > servers across the world and into the homes^Wdatacenters of hundreds of
18 > wonderful new sponsors. Would be nice if it did though!
19
20 right ... addressing this specifically can really only be done via a
21 suggestion (please try to spread our infrastructure around the world) and by
22 then, might as well not bother ... plus, this is kind of overkill for the
23 Social Contract i think ...
24 -mike