From: Karsten Rettinghausen <rettinghausen@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Install Instructions for 108MB-Version?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 12:44:58
1 Hi Gentoo-Team
2
3 Yesterday I downloaded gentoo (the 108MB ISO-Version). So far I am really
4 happy with its easy installation, but:
5
6 First I cannot connect to the internet, because I have no idea to get the
7 adsl-driver started at this point. Your install-instruction only tell me how
8 to start a simple LAN-connection. That works so far but i dont have a router
9 or so. I there a way to download the sources over pppoe ?
10
11 I got stuck while installing the kernel. env-update says that "there's no
12 makefile.profile (or so)" and when I start emerge rsync, is says the same
13 again plus "please run env-update".....
14
15 Is there an (special, maybe step by step) install instruction for the
16 108MB-Version off Gentoo V1.0?
17
18 Have I to unpack the three stages directly one after one or have I to use
19 the shellcommands the install instruction tells me after EVERY unpacked
20 stage?
23 thanks
24
25 Karsten Rettinghausen