From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Looking for Perl help verifying old Gentoo elections
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 15:43:23
1 W dniu pią, 03.08.2018 o godzinie 18∶28 +0300, użytkownik Andrew
2 Savchenko napisał:
3 > On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 17:00:51 +0200 Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > Hi, everyone.
5 > >
6 > > Inspired by Robin, I've started working on scripts to verify old Gentoo
7 > > election results. Since our election mechanism is apparently the same
8 > > as used by Debian, it seemed an obvious choice to use the Debian tooling
9 > > (devotee) to verify our results.
10 >
11 > As far as I know it is not the same. While we both use Condorcet
12 > method, Gentoo allows several nominees with the same rank, while
13 > Debian does not.
16 They actually do:
17
18 > Voters may rank options equally. [1]
19
20 [1]:https://www.debian.org/devel/constitution.en.html A.6
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny