From: Donny Davies <djdavies@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] NEW: mysql-3.23.47
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 19:01:09
1 Hi, devs
2
3 I have just checked in a rather sweeping update of dev-db/mysql, and
4 would
5 appreciate some peer review/comments. There are several significant
6 changes.
7 Here's the laundry list:
8
9 1. Databases are located in /var/lib/mysql, instead of /var/mysql
10 2. The /etc/init.d/mysql is massively simplified
11 3. The /etc/mysql/my.cnf file is rewritten
12 4. Several options were added to ./configure
13 5. The package is built using reccomended compiler flags for stability
14 6. Ensures a proper mysql/group account setup on your system.
15 7. Patches to mould the distribution into a more Gentooier package
16 8. Some general housekeeping in syntax, and in /usr/share/mysql
17 especially
18 9. An ebuild config function, for no-nonsense instant setup and go
19 capability
20
21 Cheers
22 --