From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Collecting opinions about GLEP 55 and alternatives
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:39:41
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > 2) EAPI in file extension
3 > - Allows changing global scope and the internal format of the ebuild
4 > a) .ebuild-<eapi>
5 > - ignored by current Portage
6 > b) .<eapi>.ebuild
7 > - current Portage does not work with this
8 > c) .<eapi>.<new extension>
9 > - ignored by current Portage
10
11 I have been thinking about this specific option. I will admit I don't
12 know if this has already been noted, but would this create the
13 possibility of multiple ebuilds with the same $C/$P-$PV?
14
15 Currently the filesystem enforces the uniqueness of that tuple, will
16 that uniqueness be allowed to lapse? (i.e. allow multiple ebuilds for
17 the same $C/$P-$PV with different EAPIs?)
18
19 If not, how is anyone proposing to enforce the uniqueness here?
20
21 Just a silly thought...
22 RobbieAB