From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Collecting opinions about GLEP 55 and alternatives
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:00:12
1 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >
4 >> Let's try something new. I would like to get opinions from as many
5 >> people as possible about GLEP 55 and alternatives listed here in order
6 >> to get some idea what the general developer pool thinks.
7 >
8 > I've already commented on this in December 2007 [1], and my opinion
9 > hasn't changed.
10 >
11 >> 1) Status quo
12 >> 2) EAPI in file extension
13 >> 3) EAPI in locked down place in the ebuild
14 >> a) <new extension>
15 >> b) new subdirectory like ebuilds/
16 >> c) .ebuild in current directory
17 >
18 > Acceptable for me would be 1) and 3c).
19
20 I have also stated my opinion before. But I agree with Ulrich.
21
22 -Joe