From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [Volunteers needed] Communicating use (and existence) of USE_PYTHON
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 16:24:54
1 On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 4:35 AM, Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > to better communicate USE_PYTHON we could use:
6 >
7 >  - a portage news entry
8 >
9 >  - notifications from within ebuilds
10 >
11 >  - a users guide counterpart of
12 >   http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/Python/developersguide.xml
13 >
14 >  - mentioning in 'man make.conf'
15 >
16 > This is overdue and has some urgency.
19 > Are you volunteering to get this going?
20 >
21 > Feel free to derive from <http://blog.hartwork.org/?p=972>.
22 >
23 > As it involves a GLEP and GuideXML maybe that's perfect for involving
24 > people being recruited at the moment.
27 > Thanks for your consideration.
28 >
29 > Best,
33 > Sebastian
36 I have started a GuideXML doc for this. You can find it in my devspace
37 [1]. Its really just a base bones doc at the moment, as I am no overly
38 fond of pomp and circumstance when writing. Thus it is rather terse
39 (like Mr Twain said "Eschew surplusage"). I welcome any comments
40 and/or contrib. However, once this is "ready" for prime time, we can
41 bring in docs-team for any further refinements.
42
43 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~quantumsummers/use_python_guide.xml
44
45 Thanks,