From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pending dooooooom of use.defaults
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:53:45
1 On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 06:57:24AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > as one of the new sane features of the next portage-2.1_pre release, we're
3 > looking to cut out use.defaults support
4
5 Could you add a USE_ORDER without "auto" to /etc/make.globals for that
6 release, please, or alternatively provide some other way of checking
7 whether use.defaults is read? This would greatly help me out with ufed,
8 which currently has no way to check this, and instead has to hardcode
9 "env:pkg:conf:auto:defaults" as the default USE_ORDER just like portage
10 does.