From: donnie berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] something like debconf for gentoo?
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 06:58:31
1 On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 02:46, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Saturday 16 August 2003 02:33, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
3 > > > Sure you can - that's what local USE flags are for.
4 > >
5 > > Yes, but it would simpler to have an interface than to looking in
6 > > use.local.desc file every time you emerge a package.
7 >
8 > i'm not argueing against the idea of gentooconf, but you could do:
9 > `emerge pkg -pv`, look at the list of useflags utilized, and then go from
10 > there ...
11
12 The problem is, emerge should be non-interactive, meaning I could walk
13 away for 12 hours and have it be done when I come back, not have some
14 silly gentooconf screen waiting on the second of 250 packages. That's
15 why USE flags are nice. Of course, if one could go through gentooconf
16 all at once before starting, that might work too.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list