From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl> (by way of Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for apache in /etc/make.profile/use.defaults
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:35:02
1 On Thursday 15 August 2002 10:30, Henti Smith wrote:
2 > Hi there :)
3 >
4 > I've been working on getting a few apps I use onto ebuilds to incorporate
5 > into gentoo, but some of them require apache to me installed which is not a
6 > problem as I just add apache into the requirements list.
7 >
8 > Some of the other packages has a apache/CGI interface .. but it's not
9 > required and is a compile option. how big is the change to add apache into
10 > /etc/make.profile/use.defaults and what effect will it have on the overall
11 > system ?
12 >
13 > Please understand I'm new to gentoo and still learning the system and this
14 > might be a silly question
15
16 Why should apache be in the defaults, it is a server so I think it shouldn't
17 be installed by default at all. A use option is something different of
18 course.
19
20 Paul
23 Paul de Vrieze