From: Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se>
To: Kunal Shah <s_kunalv@×××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] how to boot without cdrom
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:51:08
1 Boot from ANY disk that has the tools you need to setup your harddisk...
2 (mkfs.filesystem, fdisk, lvm?).. Then you can just follow the normal
3 instructions from there...
4
5 // Wigren
8 Wednesday 28 August 2002 06.31 skrev Kunal Shah:
9 > Hi,
10 > congratulation on greate work by gentoo team. I was searching for this sort
11 > of distribution.
12 >
13 > I am facing a little proble. I downloaded gentoo linux iso of around 130
14 > Mbs Gentoo 1.2 (stage 3) and burned a cd of it.
15 >
16 > but my computer does not support booting from cd rom.
17 >
18 > is there any other option ?
19 >
20 > --kunal