From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:28:09
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:02:47 -0100 "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto"
3 > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
4 >> but it's a Gentoo decision to not accept work credited to XYZ.
5 >
6 > Does this extend to deleting all their previous contributions? Or
7 > refusing to accept updates to their previous contributions? Does this
8 > extend to ignoring security advisories, security patches and critical
9 > bug fix patches published by that person? Does this extend to refusing
10 > to use upstream software that contains code by that person?
13 A bit excessive, yet I agree it's completely dumb refuse a good
14 contribution just because someone has a bad attitude on the mailing list.
15
16 OBVIOUSLY it's a pity losing his or her contribution to the discussion
17 just because we cannot use the same language to communicate consistently...
18
19 lu
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list