From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 02:10:58
1 I spoke to you about this in PM, but I think I didn't make it clear,
2 so here we are :)
3
4 WRT links in file updates, this seems completely backwards. If a user
5 was admining over ssh, it would be far easier for them to load www.g.o
6 in their browser vs. copying link from terminal to their browser, but
7 for that matter, why is ssh relevent wrt links in files, but not when
8 we are talking about it being lightweight? If a user is not expected
9 to have a browser to recieve the news, how can they be expected to
10 have one to view doc's about it.
11
12 Seems like these doc's should just be added to the news, none of them
13 are _that_ long.
14