From: Jose Alberto Suarez Lopez <bass@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for cleaning portage a bit (themes and other eyecandy stuff)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 06:09:34
1 I have another proposal... remove all themes from portage. We only need ebuild og gtk-engines and similar. Themes don't need a build system or are complex to install. Any user can go to www.X-theme.org watch the screenshot, download the theme and install it.
2 We must mantain ebuild of themes that need a build system or complex operations (again gtk-engines).
3
4 I did it some similar with ebook-ebuilds. I removed all ebook-ebuild from portage and create an user script to download and install them.
5
6 Regards
7
8 On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:12:24 +0200