From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new ebuild questions
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 10:22:43
1 On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 00:42, Frank Riley wrote:
2 > 2) The ebuild puts cipe.info.gz in /usr/share/info. If I do "info cipe", it
3 > can't find the doc. If I do "info -f /usr/share/info/cipe.info.gz", it
4 > works fine. What do I have to do to get info to pick it up when I do "info
5 > cipe"?
6
7 Sounds like the info file may be wrong. It needs certain entries for
8 install-info to add it to the info index. Does emerging your package
9 give any info warnings?
10
11 And if you are not already, you should be using doinfo if you are
12 installing info pages manually.
15 > 3) Finally, my ebuild creates a kernel module, thus it depends on kernel
16 > source being installed. Obviously, only one kernel source needs to be
17 > installed, but it could be any of the various kernel sources. Is it
18 > possible to "or" in the DEPEND variable (i.e. to use this ebuild, you need
19 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources or sys-kernel/vanilla-sources)?
20
21 Take a look at nvidia-kernel, pcmcia-cs, etc ebuilds for examples.
22
23 Chad