From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [last rites] media-gfx/sodipodi
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:35:21
1 On Sunday 02 April 2006 15:12, Jan Kundrát wrote:
2 > > And considering that upstream is dead for about a year I think most
3 > > people will not try to update that package every 2 days or something like
4 > > that.
5 > Most people upgrade the whole system at once - those would see a warning
6 > about masked package.
7
8 Yeah I know most people do. But then all that emerge world will tell most
9 people is something like "no new package since you emerged world one hour
10 ago" :) But well, you mean that easily overlooked message at the top of the
11 "emerge -vp world" listing, which is followed by about 3 screens of
12 wonderfully coloured messages? I'm sure I wouldn't notice it if I was to
13 merge world. Ok the normal gentoo user does probably not get so many
14 updateable packages but then again, if you don't pretend before merging world
15 you don't even get that message. And if I pretend without -v I don't get the
16 message either. I'm on portage 2.0.54 if that makes any difference. If it is