From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Suggested sync method/Portage config for devs on ~arch?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 07:29:50
1 Ever since we switched to Git, I've tried to use gentoo.git (or a
2 mirror) to sync from. I later found a configuration that hasufell used
3 at the time. [1] It works well so far, but I wanted to ask the greater
4 developer community what method(s) they employ to sync from our
5 repositories and why it's a good fit for them. I'm hoping that this
6 discussion may lead to suggestions we can put in the devmanual or other
7 documentation to make the "transition" to a developer smoother for new
8 staff, or simply make it easier for our users to be close to the
9 bleeding edge, if that's what they desire.
10
11 So, for a developer/user using ~arch, what do you use and/or recommend
12 for Portage configuration?
13
14 Thanks for reading.
15
16 [1]: https://github.com/hasufell/portage-gentoo-git-config
17 --
18 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
19 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
20 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6