From: Henti Smith <bain@××××××××××××××××××××.za>
To: Christian Skarby <christian@××××××.no>
Cc: peter.kis@×××××××××.info, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo & package security
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 01:14:55
1 On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:53:03 +0200 (CEST)
2 "Christian Skarby" <christian@××××××.no> wrote:
3
4 > I am not officially part of the Gentoo project, so my reply on your mail
5 > should not be concidered an official statement from the Gentoo Developers
6 > nor from the Gentoo community.
7
8 Same for me :) I'm nto a gentoo developer but just a user :)
9
10 > > - How do you make sure, your distribution doesn't contain packages
11 > > modified by people unauthorized to do so?
14 Most widely used packages are also patched by gentoo developers to
15 enhance features for the gentoo distribution. This means there are a few
16 more sets of eyes looking over the source code which further eleminates
17 possible backdoors sneaking into packages.
20 Henti Smith <bain@××××××××××××××××××××.za>
21 Home E-Mail Account.