From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] netkit-telnetd
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 10:18:03
1 On Saturday 04 May 2002 03:20, Spider wrote:
2 > where else would you get a telnet application from?
3
4 From a telnet client package :) I don't like to have telnetd installed either
5 tho you need not start it of course. Also if you really need a telnet client
6 you can install the telnetd package anyway so there's no need to habe it in
7 the base packages.
8
9 Don't ask me when I last started a telnetd it's long ago. I don't need a
10 telnet client either. If I need one I can install it but thats nothing you
11 _need_ to have installed especially in times of ssh. I'd better understand if
12 netcat was in the base packages for a distro aimed at network pro's.
15 Alex
18 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
19 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
20 Benjamin Franklin