From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x86 arch team leads
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:21:13
1 On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 07:36 -0500, Mike Doty wrote:
2 > | Well, the x86 team has now chosen some leads so we can start getting
3 > | everything together as a team. For our leads, we have chosen to have a
4 > | "committee" of 4 of us: halcy0n, solar, azarah, and wolf32o2. We each
5 > | felt that we didn't have the time or experience to be able to handle
6 > | being a sole lead by ourselves.
7 > |
8 > | Just letting everyone know what is going on with the team.
9 > |
10 > | Mark
11 > Can you be a bit more specific? Do each of you lead a particular part
12 > of the team, or do you all lead in general. Also, who is the head(what
13 > would be refered to as strategic lead)?
14
15 We can't be much more specific because we haven't defined any roles.
16 Essentially, we're all working collaboratively to lead the group, and
17 are on a massive recruitment drive from within the dev ranks. If you
18 want a point of contact, you can contact me. I'm sure we'll fragment
19 off a bit into more specialized roles as we figure out what is going on
20 a bit better. Basically, none of us have the time to dedicate solely to
21 running the x86 team, as we all have other projects which already takes
22 up a lot of our time. There is no "head" per se, but as I said, you can
23 contact me if you need anything. We pretty much feel that the arch team
24 doesn't need a "lead" so much, as there isn't really a "direction" to go
25 in, as an arch team is all QA/security/stabilization/releng. There's
26 not much "strategic" about adding a keyword to packages and doing
27 testing. The goal for us right now is to bring in some AT and pull in a
28 lot more developers as full arch devs, so we can fully meet the
29 expectations of an arch team.
32 Chris Gianelloni
33 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
34 x86 Architecture Team