From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC and SystemD Config File Parity
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:48:53
1 On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 7:33 AM, <heroxbd@g.o> wrote:
2 > config file formats differs a lot, for OpenRC it's shell script, while
3 > for SystemD Microsoft ini/XDG Desktop Entry Specification.
4
5 Sorry, just to clarify and reiterate what I said before -- I am
6 excluding Unit files from this discussion, for obvious reasons. Unit
7 files are the ini files you commented there. My inquiries are directed
8 toward the other more global system configuration files that systemd
9 and openrc use. Again, the discussion is not about Unit files, ini, or
10 shell scripts vs systemd units; this is considered off-topic.