From: Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:21:26
1 On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 20:02:28 +0200
2 "Christopher Covington" <covracer@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > The first condition you list is a sort of nativism that I for one
5 > would expect not to find in a successful copyleft project created on
6 > the Internet. Why should the code Gentoo uses be written by Gentoo
7 > developers? Nobody seems to have a problem with using someone else's C
8 > compiler and installation tools (gcc, autoconf, automake). Resistance
9 > to a package manager on the grounds that, "It wasn't originally
10 > written by us!" could perhaps push technical arguments that actually
11 > matter into the background.
12
13 It seems to me that this is just vapier's way of saying "I don't want ciaranm
14 anywhere near an official package manager".
15
16 Regards,
17 --
18 Andrej