From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to handle x86/amd64 only packages on other arches
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:02:15
1 I need to be able to have ppc/arm/etc users install a package that can
2 only be built on x86/amd64. The packages in question are
3 sys-apps/seabios and sys-apps/vgabios. The point is that a PPC machine
4 that's using qemu-system-x86_64 still needs to use seabios and
5 vgabios. I was planning on building the package on my own hardware and
6 posting up sys-apps/seabios-bin and sys-apps/vgabios-bin unless of
7 course someone has a better suggestion.
8
9 I know the list tends to devolve into the theory of foo/bar and
10 foo/baz but I'd like to keep this concrete to those two packages.
13 Doug Goldstein