From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Distrowatch
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:45:37
1 On Wednesday 14 March 2007, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > That's the exact opposite of my reading. The so-called mess in the
3 > last couple of weeks is nothing so unusual - happens every few months
4 > or so, and IMO it's more about steam venting than the specific
5 > issues at hand at the time. Responding to the sort of pathetic
6 > blogging seen on Distrowatch is a bad thing, its sends the signal that
7 > rantings on the blog-o-sphere are due some respect, which the article
8 > of the 13th certainly does not.
9
10 Personally I couldn't care less what anyone (e.g. distrowatch) is writing
11 about gentoo. What I do see however is that the atmosphere on -dev has become
12 such (and is still, even after the latest big flame) that arguments (that
13 often get personal) dominate the discussions. The bad part about it is that
14 it drives away users interested in development, and even worse, developers.
15 This has developed to a point where development discussions is hardly held on
16 the -dev list. I want to stop the main gentoo development forum from
17 becomming a debian^H^H^H^H^H^Hgentoo-politics.
18
19 Paul
20
21 ps. If someone wanted to start a gentoo-politics, by all means, go ahead, just
22 don't expect anyone to read it.
25 Paul de Vrieze
26 Gentoo Developer
27 Mail: pauldv@g.o