From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How help in arch testing work
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:43:37
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
4 > 4) Nobody knows how work all packages in tree, so there are
5 > obvious packages like a browsers, IM, audio player,that is easy
6 > decide if is ok or not, but there are also packages that an
7 > Arch tester has never seen, so is a lack of time everytime
8 > google about it or ask to maintainer, so, please specify what
9 > test you want for this package; e.g.
10 >
11 > -only compile test
12 > -compile test and make sure src_test goes well
13 > -make sure /usr/bin/${foo} works properly in ${that} manner
14 > -see 5) about library
15 >
16 > So, you can write one time 'how to' and copy/paste for the
17 > future stablereq; I guess I'm not asking a long and difficult
18 > task.
19
20 I'd like to point out that the Emacs people have a very nifty
21 list of "how to test our stuff":
22
23 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/emacs/wiki/test%20plans
24
25 If you want to be an awesome maintainer, have something like this
26 for the archtesters, especially for the more obscure packages as
27 Agostino pointed out.
28
29 Regards,
30 Tobias