From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 39 compliance
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:39:07
1 On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 08:26:41AM -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > "A project exists if it has a web page at www.g.o/proj/en/whatever that
3 > is maintained. ("Maintained" means that the information on the page is
4 > factually correct and not out-of-date.) If the webpage isn't maintained,
5 > it is presumed dead."
6 >
7 > I'm not trying to pick on any projects. Some pages are out of date but
8 > look ok ( like catalyst! Thats an old page! but i know you are writing
9 > 2.0 docs soon ;)). I'm used my own descretion in picking out projects
10 > (including projects for which I am a member). Very few are dead, mostly
11 > just listing retired devs as active.
12 >
13 > Gentoo/MIPS, your project page needs updates (last updated 2005, by the
14 > looks of things). Your page also lists retired developers (Ciaran).[1]
15 >
16 > Gentoo/PPC64, you also need to update your website (last updated 2005)[2]
17 >
18 > Gentoo/Sparc, some of your developers were retired (todd,cjr)[3]
19 >
20 > Eselect, your project pages lists retired developers (Ciaran).[4]
21 >
22 > GLEP - I actually e-mailed Grant a bunch of updates and I'm waiting for
23 > those to get done ;)
24 >
25 > Portage/Sandbox - I say we just remove this, afaik no development has
26 > happened in a long time.[5]
27
28 Granted, az hasn't updated the page ever, but sandbox development
29 certainly ain't dead- fresh release within last two months.
30
31 ~brian