From: Tom Syroid <tom@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:29:47
1 YES! (thanks, Eric),
2
3 to chime in on this thread...
4
5 Most uses of Gentoo are mature, bleeding edge folk who -should- know the
6 danger of blindly "emerging" -u world (if not, they need to relearn the
7 *NIX tradition of RTFM).
8
9 But I too would like to see a way of "locking down" my "unmasks". For
10 example, I've been compiling everything using BINUTILS-2.12 (?) for weeks
11 now without problems or difficulties. It's a royal pain, however, to have
12 to edit my ../profiles/default-1.0/packages after every emerge.
13
14 I'll state openly that I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea how
15 difficult the aforementioned would be, but it sure would be *nice* to have
16 some mask control built into Portage.
17
18 Best,
19 /tom
20
21 --On Friday, June 07, 2002 15:27:42 -0400 Eric Thibeault Jolin