From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, python@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [REVIEW v2 0/2] 2020-09-28-python-2-7-cleanup news item
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 08:46:21
1 >>>>> On Mon, 28 Sep 2020, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I've figured out a better solution than changing PYTHON_TARGETS and then
4 > revbumping the packages to have users upgrade (which may happen before
5 > they change PYTHON_TARGETS). Instead, I'll revbump these few packages
6 > and remove Python 2 in new revisions.
7
8 > The majority of users will get the py2-less versions on next @world
9 > upgrade, and the few that need renpy, old mongodb, old kodi... will stay
10 > at current revision. This involves some temporary duplication
11 > on version bumps but I don't think this will be major issue.
12
13 Do I understand this right, future version bumps will have two parallel
14 ebuild revisions (like r0 and r100) with only the lower revision
15 supporting Python 2.7? Tricky. :)
16
17 Ulrich