From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds creating mountpoints
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:49:35
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote: [Sat Jan 07 2006, 06:20:48PM EST]
2 > That's actually not the case; I've never gotten around to filing a bug
3 > for it, but I mount my /media read-only (so I don't accidentally delete
4 > all my music) and pmount dies every time.
5
6 AFAIK, the original bug pertaining to this issue is 9849, which
7 specifically dealt with baselayout installation failures due to
8 writing .keep files on r/o filesystems. Baselayout now has
9 a workaround (kdir and unkdir) which avoids the issue, but breaks
10 portage's tracking of .keep files.
11
12 Bug 9849 has been marked a duplicate of 23851, but there is
13 a distinction between the two: 23851 would be "solved" by pre-failing
14 the merge phase if it is predicted to fail (permissions, diskspace).
15 But 9849 is pretty specific to .keep files and directory creation, and
16 needs to finish the merge even if some of those fail.
17
18 Regards,
19 Aron
22 Aron Griffis