From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: Robert Coie <rac@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask handling
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 13:09:37
1 sorry to poke a hole in this argument :
2
3 and how many multiple points of failure does this introduce? suddenly
4 you have 13 package.mask to edit to mask -one- package, instead of 1
5 file...
6
7 Currently we (drobbins really) are looking at a KEYWORDS mask, giving
8 the possibility to tag an ebuild as "broken" or "testing" or "ppc"
9 inside the ebuild, thus moving the mask back one level to the actual
10 ebuilds, as well as fine-tuning it further, then a user can have their
11 own match of KEYWORDS (Ie, I want x86 and testing things, not broken)
12 and the mask gets applied in a more finegrained way.
13
14 //Spider
15
16 begin quote