From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:19:42
1 On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:02:55 -0500 Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
2 wrote:
3 | On Friday 09 July 2004 12:45 pm, Stephen Becker wrote:
4 | > At least an hour, if not more. The problem is that not only do the
5 | > kde packages need to be stable, but that all packages that kde can
6 | > possibly depend on need to be stable also. And deps of the packages
7 | > that kde depend on need to be stable...and the deps of those deps
8 | > need to be stable...etc. It's not just a rule of thumb or
9 | > anything...it's really how it works.
10 |
11 | I know. They are. This is not the issue at all.
12 |
13 | I feel some of you have no idea that I do realize all the dep issue
14 | and so forth that go into all this. I have thought ALL that through.
15
16 Do you have any idea just how frickin' slow repoman is?
19 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
20 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
21 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm