From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: vapier@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] profile slimming
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:51:50
1 On Tuesday 29 July 2003 6:22 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > since noone seems to love the default-1.0 profile anymore, ive gone ahead
3 > and trimmed the following packages to stay in sync with the 1.4 profile:
4 > ftp, gettext, gdbm, slang, and vritual/bootloader
5 >
6 > also a notice for other profile maintainers to trim your profiles too
7 > (since they still havent been updated for the most part)
8 >
9 > love & kisses
10 > -mike
11
12 Mike,
13
14 I'm sure I'm not the only one who's never heard of these profiles, and has no
15 idea what they are and how to take advantage of them ;-)
16
17 Can you point me to some useful documentation on them?
18
19 Thanks,
20 Stu
21 --
22 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
23 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
24 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
25
26 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
27 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
28 --