From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Cc: amd64@g.o, alpha@g.o, arm@g.o, ia64@g.o, x86@g.o, hppa@g.o, sparc@g.o, x86@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Clarifying if some arch teams allows maintainers to stabilize package on arches they can test
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:56:03
1 Today some user on IRC noted that there were some doubts about if
2 developers are allowed to stabilize packages they maintain when they are
3 able to test on relevant arches (I guess this would benefit amd64 and
4 x86 mostly as it's likely more spread).
5
6 If I don't misremember amd64 team allows that, but looks like devmanual
7 doesn't reflect that yet:
8 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/ebuild-maintenance/
9
10 Then, I guess we would need a confirmation to fix devmanual and, in
11 advance, know more about if there is any other arch team allowing it
12 (x86?)
13
14 Of course, developers stabilizing packages should still follow the usual
15 test procedures as arch teams members will do.
16
17 Thanks a lot